- Ms. Chisolm works with clients to understand their businesses and the commercial terms that are most important to achieving their objectives. She also will act as outside general counsel, providing advice and document preparation for varied commercial arrangements.
- Ms. Chisolm has extensive knowledge and background on the regulatory process. She can advise you on how to approach regulators to obtain the result that you desire.
- If you're the victim of broker misconduct, it's to your advantage to consult an experienced securities attorney like Attorney Daphne Tippens Chisolm. Ms. Chisolm has extensive experience in federal and state securities law, and has worked for the Securities and Exchange Commission. Ms. Chisolm offers legal counsel to clients who've lost a significant amount of their money, pension, retirement, or savings due to securities fraud or broker misconduct, and can provide you with the committed representation and legal counsel you need to take effective legal action. You can trust Ms. Chisolm to protect your best interest, and put every effort into helping you recover your loss by filing a strong and compelling arbitration or litigation claim against the broker responsible.
Ms. Chisolm can advise you on Form U-4/U-5 and employee related matters.
- Ms. Chisolm is committed to helping you meet your business needs whether you are an entrepreneur interested in starting an ETF or an established fund sponsor seeking a second opinion. She can assist you with a number of services, including:
- Product design
- Initial registration of shares
- Annual updates to registration statements
- Exchange listing
- Routine and non-routine exemptive applications
- Board governance
- Drafting of requests for no-action relief
- Investment Company Act compliance
- Preparing for SEC examinations
- Responding to deficiency letters from the SEC
- Review of investment company agreements
- Attorney Daphne Tippens Chisolm offers counseling to both small and large-sized registered investment advisers throughout the nation to ensure they are in compliance with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Ms. Chisolm has approximately 25 years of experience in both federal and state securities law, eight of which were spent working for the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the Division of Investment Management.
She is able to assist you on a wide range of Investment Advisers Act regulatory and compliance issues, including:
- Preparation of charter documents and Forms ADV
- Preparation and review of investment advisory agreements
- Counseling on investment adviser advertising, performance and website issues
- Responding to SEC deficiency letters
- Representation before the SEC
- Drafting requests for no-action relief
- Drafting routine and non-routine exemptive applications
- If you have fallen into debt, it may be beneficial to speak with a bankruptcy attorney about your legal options.
Types of Bankruptcy
Filing for bankruptcy is one of the most effective ways to manage debt and obtain a fresh start in life. But before you file your bankruptcy petition, it is important to first determine which type of bankruptcy is best for your particular situation.
Chapter 7 bankruptcy, also referred to as liquidation, involves liquidating a debtors' assets in order to repay creditors. Chapter 7 is by far the most desired form of personal bankruptcy, as it completely eliminates most of the debtor's debts. Once the bankruptcy has been discharged, the debtor will no longer be responsible for repaying the debt.
It should be stated, however, that not all debts can be eliminated through bankruptcy. Those types of debts that cannot be discharged include child support debt, spousal support debt, most student loan debt, tax related debt, and debt from court-ordered fines, penalties, or restitution.
Chapter 13 is quite different than Chapter 7. In Chapter 13 bankruptcy, all of a debtor's debts are consolidated into a lump sum. The debtor then works out a plan with the court to repay their debts over the course of the next three to five years. The payments the debtor makes each month go towards chipping away at that lump sum. Once all of the debt has been repaid the case will be discharged. This type of bankruptcy is best for those who have a steady monthly income.
- We offer mobile notary services when you need a public notary who is professional and reliable.
We provide the following common notarial acts:
- Acknowledge and Affidavit Signatures
- Administer Oaths and Affirmations
- Verify or Prove Signatures
- Other Seals/Signatures as needed
Must have valid ID: Active Driver's License, Current Passport, or Active Older Military ID with Signature.
Person signing must be present with ID.
Hours of Operation: By appointment at your location or mine.